Policies / Procedures
M.D.-ERL Good Lab Samaritan Guidelines
Undergraduates working in M.D.-ERL can refer to the following computer use, data handling, lab notebook maintenance, and Good Samaritan guide for their daily conduct.
For beginning researchers learning to search the literature, please refer to this primer.
Students frequently need to draft abstracts which should answer the following questions:
- What you will do / has been done.
- Why is it important?
- How will you do it?
- What results were obtained and how will they be presented?
- What is the meaning / impact of the result?
Container Labeling StandardsAll containers and vials in the lab should be labeled according to this format.
Here are some useful logs for the lab/department:
- Bioculture Log
- Biocultures Schedule
- Department Order Form
- Equipment Order Form
- Experiment Planning Procedures
- Experimental Plan Worksheet
- Lab Disinfecting Schedule
- Log of Chemicals
- Microscope Schedule
- Safety Log
- Zeiss Log